Poodles Around LLC
41500 County Road 128
Deer River MN 56636
Standard Poodle Contract for your puppy
New contract update January 1, 2021
Preamble: If potential purchaser is not willing to work on a high professional level of communication, integrity, and ethics please do not move forward with this contract.
To reserve a puppy, with Limited AKC, we require a non-refundable $300 deposit to reserve a puppy. As of July 1 2021 poodle prices are going up to $1600 for Blues, Blacks, and Silver, All other colors will be $1800 other then Silver Beige is staying at $2500. As of January 1, 2021 prices are $1350 for Blues, Blacks, and Silver poodle puppies. All other puppies will be $1500 Other then Silver Beige puppies are at $2500. Deposit can be transferable two time to a new litter. If you do transfer to a later litter’s prices will be at the new price. In order to get AKC Paperwork we will need a copy of the vet receipt. It must be mailed to us showing they have been spayed and/or neutered has been accomplished. We will send AKC paperwork to the owner of puppy after we have received Vet Receipt of spayed and/or neutered completion. (Note any person on our wait list before July 1st 2021 will keep the January 1, 2021 rate unless they move to a different litters.)
To reserve a puppy, with Full AKC, we require a non-refundable $500 deposit to reserve a puppy by 2 weeks of age. (email for price and availability) Please note the $500 is "only a deposit", that is required to reserve a Full AKC puppy. Full AKC registration will allow you to breed with your pup and register the litters. Additional amount is required at the time you pick out your pup at 6 weeks of age.
*If dogs are being shipped And/Or we are delivering the puppy/ies And/Or If puppies will be with Poodles Around tell after 8 weeks old. Puppy/ies must be paid in full 10 Days Before They Are Shipped And/Or Delivered and/or staying longer then 8 weeks
At approx 5 to 6 weeks of age, the new families can start picking out their puppy in the order of which we received a deposit. Families purchasing Full AKC registration will have a higher priority, when choosing their puppy. The
Page 1 of 6 Initial_____
higher priority slots on the list for Full AKC, are not available at all times. There are only a couple of these slots available per litter.
1. Travel Date is date established to go to your home. The Purchaser will be notified to come pick up the puppy/ies from Poodles Arounds location.
2. If purchaser is shipping the puppy to their new home. The arrangements must be made by the puppy/ies 6th week. If need Poodles Around to bring the puppy/ies to their new home the purchaser will have to pay .55 cents per mile if it is in driving distance plus our rate (Discussed with Purchaser) of pay for the amount of time we will be gone from our home.
At eight weeks old, the puppies are ready to go to their new homes. We do offer boarding for your puppy at $20.00/ day if pick-up is delayed and goes beyond 8 weeks of age. This boarding rate is good for one week, until the puppy becomes 9 weeks old. After your puppy is 10 weeks old, board for your puppy will be 40.00 /day
3. Puppy/ies is micro-chipped no earlier than 5 weeks old ($100 value). Purchaser will receive papers to file registration with AKC upon final payment
4. Purchaser takes full responsibility at Travel Date and agrees to establish a
relationship with a reputable vet to keep up to date health care. Purchasing a
puppy/ies should not be an impulsive decision; he/she is not sold on a trial basis. You are making a decision for its lifetime.
5. It is agreed this puppy/ies will never be placed in a shelter. Purchaser guarantees that they will work with/return this puppy so a loving home may be found. If for some reason you cannot take care of the puppy/ies please return the puppy/ies to Poodles Around so we can find a caring home. Papers must be returned at the time Poodles Around get the puppy. There is no refund for the puppy/ies. The dog is to be returned to Poodles Around with no refund, so we can find the puppy a new home. The reason behind the no refund is for advertising and care of the dog for as long as it takes to find the puppy a home. The puppy or dog is not to end up in the shelter or be sold. If for some reason you can’t keep the dog and one of your family members would like the puppy/dog. Poodles Around must approved their home. There are a few reasons we do this. One is we know where the puppy is and to make sure the puppy is not in a shelter and/or in a puppy mill.
6. As a "PET ONLY," purchaser agrees to spay/neuter or ligation/vasectomy no sooner than 6 months, But no later than 2 years old, unless other agreement made. Hormones are important to a healthy pet. Once completed, copy of vet documents must be mailed to Poodles Around.
Page 2 of 6 Initial_____
7. It is agreed this puppy/ies will be registered with limited AKC along with the pup’s micro-chip information for tracking if lost, papers will be provided in
order to do so.
Poodles Around gives a 2-year genetic health guarantee on each puppy. Starting on puppies Birthdate. (until the puppy is 2 years of age) If an issue arises within the two-year time frame, (or actually contact us any time in your puppy's life, as we need to know this for breeding purposes) Please get in touch with us. Send us a letter from your veterinarian, describing the issue in detail, along with photos as deemed necessary. If indeed there is a serious genetic issue, and the puppy is younger than 2 years old, we will offer you another puppy if we have one available (in exchange for the current pup/dog) If no pups are available, we will place you on the waiting list for the next litter. Or a refund of the purchase price of the puppy may be offered, depending on the circumstance! This decision is determined by the breeder.
A) Notification: A veterinarian’s letter must be received explaining congenital defect, and we can figure out what the best way to handle the problem. Then my vet will review the data and See the puppy/ies.
B) Ownership: You must be puppy’s original owner, sending pup’s AKC papers to Poodles Around.
C) The puppy or dog must be returned to breeder.
D. At the Buyers Expense to return puppy or dog.
A) Food: Low grade dog foods are found to cause health issues with your standard poodle. We feed our puppies Bil Jac.
B) Supplements: Poodles Around recommends and has found our standard
poodles periodically supported with NuVetTM Plus Canine supplement has led to a healthier life. Nutritional supplements help during times of spiritual stress, growing bone nutrition, and eating irregularities. Supplements in place at time of pups Travel Date to assist the transition to new home and bone growth up to 1 yr of age.
Nuvet supplement ordering information: NuVetTM Plus Canine supplements ordering code #69872. They are a great treat, order via internet www.NuVet.com , or toll free 1-800-474-7044 from 8am-6pm Pacific Time.
· In making a down payment before a pup’s birth, Poodles Around hereby notes your “INTENT” to purchase one of our pups. Poodles Around sends
this contract to be filled in with your “INTENT” to buy. Your individual puppy/ies is “offered for sale” to you only after:
Page 3 of 6 Initial_____
a) Poodles Around has a vet examine each pup within three-five days of birth. It is the time frame in which tails are docked and dew claws removed.
b) At 6 weeks of age the pups are examined again when they receive their
first set of vaccinations at which time you may decide on your pup.
c) Poodles Around “offers the pups for sale” now at 6 weeks of age according to your down payment “intent” order 1, 2, 3...
d) Choice of pup must be made by 6 weeks of age with full payment at that time Or Cash at 8 week pickup.
Your pup has now been examined by a vet twice. In flying or traveling across state lines your pet is examined a third time for pet health certificate at buyers expense. That must be paid at the 6 week of age so that we can contact vet for appointment.
· With your down payment, Poodles Around is committing time and money to
do their best in communicating and working with you. Poodles Around needs to know you are committed in receiving a puppy/ies, thus there are no refunds once a down payment is made.
· Adult size, confirmation, color, and temperament are not guaranteed. Poodles Around assumes no financial responsibility for the puppy after leaving our premises for medical expenses due to accidents, injury, behavior, or for any other non-contracted issues. Providing adequate exercise and human contact is a necessity in owning any puppy or dog, especially the larger breed. Please Feel free to contact Poodles Around with any questions.
9. _______________________(Purchaser’s Signature) agrees this puppy is
purchased as a "PET ONLY" (surgically fixed to have no offspring) and offered under AKC’s Limited registration papers.
$1500 X ___ Puppy/ies $______________
9B. _______________________(Purchaser’s name) agrees this puppy is purchased as a Full Rights with Breading Rights and offered under AKC’s Full registration papers.
$___________ X ___ Puppy/ies $______________
10. Pet purchases are a luxury item in Minnesota.
Tax _6.875% = $103.13
any Travel Expenses $______________
Page 4 of 6 Initial_____
11. If this puppy has been bred, intentionally or not, the health guarantee is canceled, at which the purchaser agrees to pay an additional price of $4000 each litter.
12. We strive to make our Akc Registered puppies part of our family and want them to go into loving Pet homes. So we include a puppy kit with all of our puppies. They include a Puppy Blanket and a Toy that smells like their litter mates and their mom. Collar and Leash to make it easier to take your puppy right home without having to run out and buy one the same day you get your puppy. Puppy food for about two weeks so the puppies do not get sick from switching dog food on them. A Akc Reunite Micro chip that all you have to do is Register them in your name for $20. You can do that when you register your puppy's Akc papers. We Pay all
the Minnesota Taxes out of the $1350 or $1500 you pay for the Puppy. (Starting January 1, 2021 Taxes will be paid by purchaser.) All of the Puppy/ies will be De-wormed, Tails Docked, Vet Checked, and Up To Date on age appropriate Vaccines.
13. Due to many simple problems that could go wrong with your puppy/ies (like a yeast infection or simple little things that my vet will check out before your puppy/ies) leaves. If there are any Known health problems with your puppy/ies we will disclose them. If there is no problems, we will write that.
Rceipt #1. _____________Date down payment received: _____$_______
#2. ____________Date final payment received: ______$_______
Litter Born:_____________Breed: Standard Poodle
TRAVEL DATE: ____________________
Male / Female Color________________________
AKC #________________________ Microchip # ______________________
Male / Female Color________________________
AKC #________________________ Microchip # ______________________
Page 5 of 6 Initial_____
Other agreement/s entered here: ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
By signing below, I acknowledge that I have read, understand and
to the above contract.
Purchaser’s name (please print): _______________________________
Purchaser’s Signature: ____________________________________
Two Contact Telephone #s 1. ________________________2.___________________________
Driver’s License # ____________________
(Why driver's license number? In signing this contract, it is Poodles Around right to assure the contract is followed. Court action is sometimes needed to follow up.)
Purchaser Signature ______________________________________
We Both agree that payments will be made tell the puppy is payed off before the puppy goes to its new home.
Poodles Around 218-590-2050
41500 CO RD 128
DEER RIVER MN. 56636
You received a copy of the Minnesota Puppy Lemon Law.
Signature of purchaser ________________________ Date__________
Signature of Poodles Around ____________________ Date__________
Page 6 of 6